Pages

Friday, May 13, 2016

This I know for sure...

Today is Friday the 13th. (Cue the scary music.)

Are you a person who tries to avoid doing anything that isn't absolutely necessary on Friday the 13th so as not to tempt bad luck?

I don't consider myself superstitious. I do own a black cat after all. But while I don't worry about bad luck on Friday the 13th, I do have a ritual I must  do every time before I leave the house for any length of time. No, it's not checking that the stove or iron is turned off. I have to kiss my cat on the head for good luck before I leave. Luckily he's learned the routine and runs to wait by the back door when he sees me pick up my keys.

About a year ago, I was running late and figured it would be okay to skip giving him his kiss. I left the house with my mom in the car and we were hit by a person who went through a stop sign. My mom only suffered a bruised elbow (thank goodness), but I had to be transported to the hospital with a leg injury.

Guess what I always do now no matter how late I might be. Yep, kiss the cat's head.

No comments:

Post a Comment