Pages

Friday, September 25, 2015

This I know for sure...

While summer is my favorite season, I always look forward to the fall. During the summer, we're always trying to take advantage of the great weather by going on day trips, having cook outs, visiting friends and relatives. Mainly doing things that we can't really do on a regular basis in the winter weather.  We also seem to subsist on different types of salads, sandwiches, cook out foods, and the occasional take out meal.

One of the things I always look forward to in the fall is the cooler weather. Not because I hate the heat of summer, but because then it's not too hot and humid to make an oven meal or even a crock pot meal. No one wants to eat hot food when it's 85 degrees or higher. So by the time the end of August comes around, I'm looking forward to those temperatures in the 60's just so I can cook something different that what we've been subsisting on during the summer months.

How about you? Does the weather dictate what you do or don't cook for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment