Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

This I know for sure...

Sometimes someone you least expect will share their wisdom in ways you didn't expect. I work with a gentleman who is quite accomplished in the business world. We were speaking one day last week while waiting for a meeting to start. We were talking about how fast the year seems to be going by. I mentioned I was having problems meeting some of the goals I set back in January and was starting to feel a bit panicked. He stated he has always set yearly goals since he graduated college 25 years ago.

I asked if he'd be willing to share a few tips that he uses to keep himself on track when life seems to get in the way. He not only was very willing to share tips, he offered to look over the goals I'd like to set for 2016. So I'll be spending this weekend setting goals.

I do have one small concern -- No one I work with knows that I'm a writer with 2 books published. I work in a very small office and decided it would be best to keep this information private, but in order to work with this gentleman, I'll have to let him know about my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment