Pages

Friday, April 19, 2019

This I know for sure...

Last week on Wednesday I posted a picture of a card I made for my niece's baby shower. It has a tiny shirt like piece that I knitted. It was the first thing I've knitted in years. I usually crochet. I'm more comfortable crocheting.

Well, I went to a local craft store this past Saturday and bought size 8 knitting needles and enough yarn to make a blanket. (I borrowed the size 2 needles I used for the little shirt on the card from my mom.) My mom cast on the stitches for me to start because I couldn't remember how and now I'm knitting a blanket. It has an intricate pattern that I need to pay attention to while I'm knitting so no watching TV like I do when I'm crocheting. I've already had to frog it (pull it back) 5 times because I goofed up the pattern. Luckily I've noticed the mistake each time after a couple of rows so I at least haven't had to undo a lot of it.

I'll post a picture of my progress once I have enough done to show the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment