Pages

Monday, October 2, 2023

Monday Check In

Last week...

Writing Related: Since I'm in a holding pattern while I wait to hear back from my editor and two beta readers, I used last week to set goals for the last quarter of this year. I should say for October and November because I rarely get much writing related stuff done in December. 

Motivational Quote: "Habit is more dependable than inspiration." ~ Octavia E. Butler

What I'm Reading: I'm currently reading Smoke Screen by Sandra Brown. It's one of her older books. It was published in 2008.

Random Things: My mom is going to have to have a second hand surgery. We're waiting to find out when it'll be scheduled, but I'm pretty sure it'll be sometime later this month. I don't know what the recovery time will be yet. Her first surgery had about a 6 week recovery time total with her unable to use her hand for the first 4 weeks. Thanksgiving is going to be a bit different this year. Usually she and I do the cooking, but she won't be able to do much this time. The problem is I don't cook (or eat) meat so dinner might have to be without a turkey.

Random Photo: 

                    It's that time of year. Pumpkin carving to happen in a couple of weeks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment