Pages

Monday, May 11, 2020

Happy Mother's Day?

I'm sure I'm not the only person who felt like their (our) Mother's Day celebration was a bit strange. Usually my siblings and their families come for brunch or if they can't make it, they stop in throughout the day or for dinner to bring my mom cards and gifts and to visit.

Due to the pandemic, no one came over this year. It was quiet, strangely so when we were used to a busy open house type day in the past. My sisters all called to wish my mom a happy mother's day and had sent their cards through the mail earlier in the week. My brother stopped by and left a bouquet of flowers and a card on the porch, then called and let us know they were there before he pulled away.

We usually go out to the zoo or visit one of the local parks that are known for their floral gardens. We didn't do any of that this year. We just stayed home. My mom and I had dinner alone. Usually we have a few family members over as well.

The day seemed too quiet. It felt like something was missing. I can't help feeling that somehow my mom was gypped out of her Mother's Day celebration even though she seems fine with how things went.

No comments:

Post a Comment