Pages

Friday, February 8, 2019

This I know for sure...

I am a recipe hoarder. I hate to admit it, but it's true. While I don't subscribe to any cooking type magazines, my mom and one of my sisters do. When they're done looking at their magazines, they pass them on to me. I tear out any recipe that I want to try and put it in a folder.

I do subscribe to the King Arthur flour email newsletter that has great recipes. Most of them are bread recipes so I of course print them out and put them in a folder for just bread recipes.

I have so many recipes that I have a 5 inch three ring binder filled with them, each recipe filed in a plastic sleeve. I also have 4 to 5 folders also filled with recipes. Some of them I've made once, some we make quite often, and some I've never made.

One of the things I really want to accomplish this year is to go through the folders and notebook and get rid of the recipes I know I will never make or that we don't think we'll ever make again. I also want to try some of the recipes for the first time or that we haven't made in a long time to see if we like it enough to keep.

Do you collect recipes or something similar? Do you think your collection is getting out of control? Do you have any tips on how you keep your collection from growing unwieldy?

No comments:

Post a Comment