Pages

Monday, November 12, 2018

Paying for Procrastination

Today's post is a bit of a continuation of last Friday's "This I know for sure" post.  I have about 15 holiday cards to make and get mailed at least by the second week of December, though I'd like to get them in the mail before then. I also have two cards to make for early December birthdays.

Since I seem to suffer from procrastination when it comes to making cards, even though I enjoy doing it, I now have the dilemma of what to give priority to - making the cards or writing.

Last year each card I made was one of a kind so to speak. I didn't duplicate any of the designs. Due to time constraints this year, I'm only going to do three or four designs and make the cards in more of an assembly line process: all the stamping, any coloring of the stamped items, then all of the cutting of stamped items and/or background images, then the assembling of the cards and finally adding any embellishments such as sequins, shaker windows, Nuvo drops, card spackle (for snow), and glitter. 
I'm hoping this will cut down on the time it usually takes me to make a single card which can range anywhere from an hour and a half to four hours depending on the amount of detail, intricacy of the stamping of the images, hand cutting out the images and their placement within the design etc.

I'm hoping I'll be able to work on the holiday cards three days out of the week and then use three days for writing, leaving Sunday to give my brain a rest. It will depend on how much I can get accomplished each card making day to make sure they're ready to be mailed by my self-imposed deadline.

1 comment:

  1. How did i get to be almost Thanksgiving? I cannot figure out where this year has gone!

    ReplyDelete