Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

My apologies

I missed posting last Monday and didn't even realize it until this past weekend. I usually write my Monday posts the Friday before because the weekends are too hectic and I try to spend the weekends on family oriented things instead of being on the laptop.

As a way to apologize, I thought I'd share a great granola recipe a friend gave to me. It's great just by itself or with vanilla Greek yogurt and fruit. Personally, I like it with strawberries or blueberries.

Cassie's Homemade Granola

1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (I used Quaker)
1/4 cup raw, unsalted, sunflower seed kernels
1/4 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
1/4 cup walnuts or other nut of your choice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven broiler to high. Combine the first six ingredients (the oats through the salt) in a bowl, mixing well. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3 minutes or until lightly toasted, be sure to stir after each minute.

Combine the melted butter, honey, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Drizzle over the oat mixture, toss to coat. Broil granola an additional 2 minutes or until it's well toasted, stirring again after each minute. Remove from oven and leave on baking sheet to cool, stirring occasionally as it cools.

Serving = 1/3 cup

No comments:

Post a Comment