Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

This I know for sure...

Our local news reported on a story of a couple who were being charged with animal cruelty. They were accused of starving two horses and for not providing adequate shelter and warmth against the winter weather.

I can't fathom starving an animal. How heartless a person must be to do such a thing to an animal that's dependent on them for food and shelter? I had to withhold food from my cat for about 12 hours so she could have a medical procedure. She kept walking over to her food dish and doing these pitiful cries. It tore my heart out. I can't imagine doing that to an animal deliberately.

I'd like to give the couple the benefit of the doubt that maybe they were suffering hard times and couldn't care for the horses properly, but if that was the case, I would hope they would have given the animals away or to our local shelter that takes domestic animals of all types, horses, goats, llamas, along with cats and dogs.

News reports like these make me wonder about the people accused of starving animals, participating in dog fighting, and the like. If they can do these types of things to an animal, what are they capable of doing to a human?


No comments:

Post a Comment