Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

This I know for sure...

It's hard getting back into a regular routine after the holidays are over. Proof of this is the fact I didn't do Wednesday's post. I completely forgot all about it. Didn't even think about it until Thursday morning when I was getting ready for the day.

The only thing I've done on a regular basis that I did before the holidays is write. I didn't get much done from Thanksgiving on through New Year's day so I feel like I'm making up for lost time instead of being on schedule.

I did learn something from last year's holidays -- don't expect to make much headway in the writing area during this time. In fact when I set my writing goals for 2015, I purposely set aside those 6 weeks or so as non-writing time. It shortens my writing calendar a bit but I feel it's well worth squeezing extra writing sessions in in the summer months than stress myself out trying to do everything that comes with the holiday season and trying to meet a writing goal by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment