Pages

Friday, October 25, 2019

This I know for sure...

I'll be taking my cat to the vet later this afternoon for his annual check up. He doesn't like to ride in the car. The veterinary office is only ten minutes from my house, but he usually meows the entire time. I talk to him, telling him that he's okay and that we almost there (or on our way home). Sometimes he'll quiet down with only the occasional, pitiful meow emanating from the carrier.

Trying to get him into the carrier is a feat in and of itself. I have to set it on end vertically with the opening facing up and "pour" him into it, quickly latch the opening, and can then turn it back to its correct horizontal position. Of course, he can't wait to get back into the carrier when his appointment is concluded and we can leave.

Thankfully he usually only has to go to the vet once a year because it's a process getting him into the carrier and out of the carrier at the vet's office. I feel like the whole ordeal is a bit stressful for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment