Pages

Monday, October 14, 2019

Celebrating!

I had a breakthrough with the story problem I was having (filling in a gap in the story I found while revising it). I thought I'd had the problem solved before, but once I started working with the idea I'd had, it quickly became apparent my great idea wasn't so great.

A new idea came to me last Tuesday morning while I was brushing my teeth. I contemplated the idea all that day before writing a word. I was worried I'd have another false start so I jotted some notes, checked back to scenes earlier in the story, and even sketched out a few buildings, streets, and such in my imaginary town on paper. I wrote a few pages on Wednesday and everything started to come together.

Eureka! Problem solved. Finally. Finally! I'm working hard on filling in those missing pages so I can get back to revising the remainder of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment