Pages

Friday, June 22, 2018

This I know for sure...

I'm probably the only person on the planet who would complain about having to buy a new laptop. Setting up the new laptop and having to install the printer, download all the software I had on my old laptop is a giant pain in the backside.

Right now I'm using the free 30 day trial version of Microsoft Office 365. I was hoping I'd be able to reinstall the 2003 versions of Word and Excel, but unfortunately the software I have for it is on diskettes. Since no newer laptops or desktop computers that I'm aware of have a disk drive, I won't be able to install this version and will have to purchase the current verison of the Microsoft Office suite.

I kept using the 2003 version because I didn't like the idea of having to pay a yearly subscription fee to use Word and Excel when I could use the older version for free. Also I don't have any use for Access, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Publisher. I'm not sure I'd use One Note either. Now I'll have to look into buying the stripped down version that consists of just Word, Excel, and Powerpoint for a one time fee of $149.99.

After having to buy a new laptop, the last thing I want to do is pay $150 more to continue to use Word and Excel. I wish I could find a way to reinstall the 2003 version I already own.

No comments:

Post a Comment