Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My Current WIP (Work In Progress): As I mentioned in the previous What's Up Wednesday post, I had a card to make for my nephew's birthday party this past Sunday and my mom had a doctor appointment last week. While I was happy with how the birthday party came out, it took a lot of work so I didn't get any writing accomplished.

Quote of the Week:  “The value of persistence cannot be underestimated today. Every time you are knocked down, get up and try and do and do and try. This is the only way to break through.” ~ Unknown

What I'm Reading: I'm reading: The Sinner by Amanda Stevens. This is the 5th book in the Graveyard Queen series. If you like paranormal books, this is a great series.

Random Thoughts:  I like making the cards I give for birthdays, Christmas, Easter, Thank Yous, and the like, but some of the cards can take a lot of time to make. I've posted the card I made for my nephew below. Everything was cut by hand except the grass, the cake, and the two little birds. Even the tiny birthday hats some of the animals are wearing were cut by hand and placed on their heads separately so while I find the process enjoyable, it can be painstaking work. 

Random Photo of the Week:

                        Here's the front of the card...

                      and here's the inside of the card.





No comments:

Post a Comment