Pages

Friday, September 8, 2017

This I know for sure...

I have an email account that I use when ordering online or signing up for coupon offers and the like. I really need to go through and unsubscribe from some of the emails I get. On any given day, I get between 90 and 100 emails that are essentially "Hey, buy our stuff." I even get emails from companies I've never done business with so obviously this email address is on a list somewhere. In some cases, I get emails from the same retailer three and four times a day, with each email telling how much time I have left to order in the subject line.

My only concern is if I click on the unsubscribe link, am I only just confirming to the company that it's a valid email address which will just convince them to send more junk email? I have tried unsubscribing to some and months later I'm still getting the emails. More often than not, I just group delete 95% of the emails unread that I receive on a daily basis.

Any suggestions on how I can pare down the number of emails I receive without abandoning the email address altogether? (Yes, that was a suggestion I received from a friend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment