Pages

Friday, April 7, 2017

This I know for sure...

I have way too many books I want to read. How many avid readers have said or thought the same thing?

I have two 140 page notebooks that are full and serve as two giant lists of books I want to read. (I have read some of the books in each of these notebooks.) I have random sheets of paper, post it notes, backs of envelopes, and such with the names and authors of books I've come across or that people have recommended to me that I want to read. I have more books than I want to admit to on my Kindle that I want to read. And I have a Goodreads account with a list of books I want to read.

I know there is some duplication between my Goodreads account and the two notebooks so I thought I would consolidate everything under my To Read list on Goodreads. The problem with this is I can't quickly scan the list like I could in my notebooks. My notebook lists are set up by month with new releases listed under the month the book is available and within that month, books are listed by category such as mystery, contemporary romance, suspense, etc.

Someone suggested I use an Excel spreadsheet so I can sort it or organize it by genre (sub-genre), author, month, and/or release date, etc. I am leaning in that direction but would love to hear how you organize your list.

Do you use Goodreads? How do you organize it? Do you use another type of organizational method?

No comments:

Post a Comment