Pages

Friday, September 23, 2016

This I know for sure...

It gets pretty hot in my area during the summer. This summer was one of the hottest on record with a record number of days over 90 degrees with high humidity. When it's that hot who wants to cook?

We've spent the summer eating salads, sandwiches, paninis, and anything else that didn't require standing over a hot stove for more than a few minutes. Now that it's officially fall, I'm really looking forward to the cooler weather so I can try out some new recipes. Most of those recipes require using the oven which was definitely out of the question this summer.

I'm also looking forward to making homemade bread again. I make it the old fashioned way where you mix it, let it rise, knead it, let it rise again, sometimes knead it again depending on the type of bread and recipe, let it rise again and baking it. No bread making machine for me. I found a sourdough recipe that I really want to try so that's at the top of my list once the weather cools.


No comments:

Post a Comment