Pages

Monday, September 19, 2016

Happy New Year...huh?

I've written in the past that I always feel like September should be the beginning of a new year instead of January. Kids go back to school/college, schedules change, the season changes from summer to fall, and it's the end of the less hectic day to day life that summer seems to bring. Nothing seems to change in January except college students start the spring semester. The weather is still cold and snowy (depending on where you live), and there is still the hectic schedule of getting everyone where they need to be for school and after school events.

This September I've decided to view it as a new beginning especially since I was pretty much confined to the house all summer due to my ankle surgery. I've started back to work (though I'm still hobbling about wearing an orthopedic boot and using one crutch), I need to get back to my writing/revisions, and I want to get back on track with healthy eating and exercising. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back on the treadmill or rowing machine, but I'm hoping I'll get a general idea of when that can happen after I see the surgeon in a couple of weeks.

I'm starting a new planner, so it will really feel like the beginning of a new year. (It helps when you buy an 18 month planner that started in July 2016.) I'm also starting a new gratitude journal as I've run out of room in my current one.

Here's to new beginnings even if it isn't January.

No comments:

Post a Comment