Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress): Still working on revisions. My main accomplishment was ripping out two chapters that were wordy and kind of didn't really do anything. I rewrote them into one chapter, tightened the pacing, and now it moves the plot forward.

Quote of the week: "Every strike brings me closer to the next home run. " ~ Babe Ruth Although in my case, it would be every rejection letter brings me closer to the next publishing contract.

What I'm reading: I'm about a third of the way through Mean Streak by Sandra Brown. It's almost as good as her novel, Lethal. Both of these books are next to impossible to put down.

Random things: I spent last weekend working in the garden. I pulled out the orange tiger lily plants that were on the left side of our porch and moved them along the side of the house. I'm not a big fan of these because after they blossom, I think they're kind of unsightly with these long stems sticking out of green leaves that remind me of rushes. They came with the house when we moved in and I've been wanting to move them ever since our first summer here which is about 5 years ago. I planted Cranberry Ice Dianthus in their place. 

Random Photo of the Week:


Here's a picture of the Dianthus in their new home. They're a perennial that will bloom from spring right into the fall. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE dianthus. They sell them as annuals, but mine always come back. They bloom early and keep blooming all summer. I usually lose one or two over the winter, but never all of them. And they come in so many pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susabelle,
      They had them marked at annuals at our local public market too. I looked them up online to find out how much sun they would need and the site had them listed as a perennial.

      Delete