Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Facebook Page

For about the last 10 months or so, my Facebook page posts have consisted mainly of quotes about reading and/or writing and little else. While I was working the longer hours, posting the quotes was about all I had time for. Now that my work hours have changed and I'm back to having a scheduled writing time every week day, one of my goals is to do more with my Facebook page than I have been.

The problem is I'm not sure what exactly to post that will be of interest. I follow other authors so I have a general idea of what other writers post. Given how Facebook limits how many people actually see a post on any given day, I'm torn between posting every day or just a couple of times a week.

So here's my question to you -- As a reader what do you look for or hope to see on an author's page? As a writer, what type of things do you post that seem to garner you the most views? How many times do you post each week?

Finally if you're not following my Facebook page but would like to, feel free to click on this link - Katherine Grey - Facebook

8 comments:

  1. I write humor, so limit myself to posts I find funny, or a thoughtful post on occasion. This is to cement the link between my genre work and name. When I have something interesting happen in my life, I'll post about that, as well. Somehow, social media has become one big advertisement, and I'm not sure it serves any of us as well, anymore. I hope this comment helps you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashantay,

      That's how I feel about social media too. I like the idea of posting funny things, but most of my work is full of angst. :o)

      Delete
  2. Katherine - this is a topic I find myself-as a writer- agonizing over as well. As a reader, I can tell you what I like hearing from my favorite authors is what they are working on currently and how they came up with the ideas or characters for their books. I follow several authors from all varieties of romance who post appox. 2-3 times per week. This is the model I have been using as well and it seems to help with the time crunch I face daily. Hope this little bit of insight helps. Cheers PJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy,

      I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I like your idea of posting what you're working on etc. And though I follow several authors as well, it never occurred to me to follow their model. LOL. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  3. Hi Katherine, Like Peggy, I like to post 2-3 times per week. When I visit other FB pages, I like to read inspirational quotes or insights about writing. Joanne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne,

      I don't have a regular posting schedule and maybe that's something I need to start doing. I like inspirational quotes too which may be why I post them. I always think - "This is too good not to share with others."

      Delete
  4. To get more views you want to post something people will respond to. Once a week you should ask your followers a question.
    As an example: In my last book, my hero drove a red, '68 Mustang convertible. What was the best car you've ever owned? or What is your dream car?
    You see how I attached the post to my work, but didn't make it about promotion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra,

      That's a great idea. I'll definitely start doing that. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete