Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

This I know for sure...

I consider myself a modern woman able to do almost anything a man can do. Well Wednesday night I found out one thing I'd rather leave to a man to do - building any type of furniture if the directions I was given are now the usual type included with the item.

I ordered a dresser from a local furniture store. All they had in stock was the floor model. It was scratched and scuffed in places so I had no interest in purchasing that one. I could have one sent to me directly from the factory or I could have one sent to the store. If I had it sent to the store, they would assemble it before it was delivered. If I chose the factory delivery option, it wouldn't come assembled. Having assembled an amoire and a desk in the past, I chose the factory delivery option. (Not to mention the fact that it was $75 cheaper to assemble it myself.)


Well, it was much more difficult than I expected. I'm blaming it on the directions which weren't really directions at all but just a series of pictures of what the dresser should look like at each step in the assembly process. What happened to written step by step directions?

I did manage to get it put together with only a couple of places where I had to backtrack. Here's a picture of the finished piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment