Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress):  Still working on revisions. Met with my critique partner and had her read the new beginning. She liked it much better and so do I.

News from the publishing world: This article is an Indie author's interpretation of Amazon's algorithms in relation to sales. The article is a little long but I thought well worth the time to read. Link: Rachel Aaron Numbers  

Quote of the week: "Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out." ~John Wooden. Something I need to remind myself of on a regular basis.

Health news: According to a new study from Tufts University, drinking soda or other sugary beverages can be just as detrimental to a person at a healthy weight as to an overweight person. Our bodies store excess calories as visceral fat. This type of fat is a dangerous form of adipose tissue that surrounds our internal organs. It can increase the risk for heart disease and diabetes. 

Random things: Now that the weather has gotten cooler, I've started making bread again. There's something about the process of kneading the dough, letting it rise, and kneading it again, then letting it rise once more before baking it that I find infinitely relaxing

Random photo of the week: 


Here's a picture of a loaf of olive bread I made late last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment