Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress): As much as I hate to admit it, I've hit the wall at about 50 pages before the end. I've tried various ways to get past the problem with no luck. Rather than get nothing accomplished, I've started the revision process and hope that by the time I get to the end, the words will come that will tie up the story and all the loose ends.

News from the publishing world: More information regarding publisher, Ellora's Cave. Link: Trouble at Elloras Cave

Quote of the week:  "Books provide solace during hard times, pleasure during good times; they can inspire you...and comfort you, and educate you, and infuriate you." ~ Anne Stuart  This quote perfectly described how I feel about books and reading.

Health news: According to Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology, many people grossly underestimate the amount of sugar in fruit juice, sometimes by 550%. For example, certain brands of apple juice can contain the same amount of sugar as a soft drink. (As a juice drinker myself, I'll be keeping a closer eye on the sugar content of the juices I buy in the future.)

Random things:  There's nothing like enjoying a cup of hot apple cider after you've spent a beautiful autumn day picking apples right from the tree.

Random photo of the week:

 The first homemade pumpkin muffins of the fall season. Unfortunately, they were raided before I was able to take a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment