Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress):  Still working on revising the first draft. I'm also writing at least 1 page per day on the next book in the series. This way I feel like I'm still moving forward.

News from the publishing world: This link doesn't lead to publishing news, but I found it interesting and wanted to share. Link: Advice to Literary Agents

Quote of the week: "The greatest gift is the passion for reading. It is cheap, it consoles, it distracts, it excites, it gives you knowledge of the world and experience of a wide kind." ~ Elizabeth Hardwick. 

Health news: According to the Journal of Nutrition, eating orange vegetables and avocados can increase your body's absorption of vitamin A. Vitamin A is a key nutrient for healthy eyesight and immune function.  Alas, I hate avocados.

Random things: Have you ever noticed that you buy a certain brand of cat or dog treat because your pet loves them and then halfway through the container, the cat/dog decides they don't like those treats after all?

Random photo of the week:


  A pattern for a knitted polar bear hat - I picked it up for my sister who makes different character hats for her twin girls.

2 comments:

  1. OMG Katherine...I just bought 3 cases of expensive cat food because my one cat has a sensitive stomach. I decided to order in the cases because the food is hard to find, and it was finally one that both cats like. Two cans into the first case and the one cat has stopped liking it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte,
      I sympathize with you. Hopefully, the one cat will keep eating it. I try to mix two foods together if I have one type that one of the cats don't particularly care for. Something similar happened to me with Science Diet that the Vet recommended. Thankfully I only bought one bag because it was expensive, but still ended up giving it away to my sister because my cats wouldn't touch it.

      Delete