Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress):  Managed 10 pages of new material last week. Not as much as I wanted, but I'm still moving forward. I hope to do better this week.

News from the publishing world: This article is geared more toward self-published authors, but I felt it had information anyone who is trying to promote their work could use. Link: Advanced Marking Tactics For Indie Authors

Quote of the week:  "If you don't make the time to work on creating the life you want, you're eventually going to be forced to spend a LOT of time dealing with a life you don't want." ~ Kevin Ngo. I'm not saying I don't like my life now, there's just some things I'd really like to change or have change.

Health news: According to research in Physiology & Behavior: Frontiers in Evolutionary Neuroscience yawning helps your brain. When you yawn, you inhale deeper than normal exchanging warmer air with cooler air. This is good because the brain operates more efficiently when its cool.

Random things:  There's nothing like the soft purr of a cat cuddling up next to you after a hard day at work. 

Random photo of the week:


This a Halloween wreath my nephew's girlfriend made for us. I can't wait to hang it on the front door.

2 comments:

  1. Like your "Random Things" this week because I heard on the radio that study proved that the purr of a cat has the ability to soothe, calm, comfort, and even promote healing in the human hearing/feeling it. I thought that was kinda cool. I don't have a cat though, lol.

    That is an awesome wreath. Does it light up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miriam,
      The wreath doesn't light up. It would be even cooler looking if it did.

      That's interesting that the study found how soothing the purring of a cat can affect us. I know it always makes me feel good. I think it's because I think the cat is feeling happy or comfortable though I know they will also purr when they're upset or hurt.

      Delete