Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

This I know for sure...

I hate to wait. Or as I tell people, I'm not good at waiting. I don't mind waiting in line within reason or waiting at the doctor's office (also within reason).  Of course, being a writer, there's a lot of waiting involved but that's expected so I don't mind.

I think I'm more of a person who hates waiting for things to happen that I have no control over. I've been waiting for something I've been yearning for for the past 4 plus years to happen (and no, it still hasn't). On a more trivial note, I hate waiting for packages to come in the mail.

I've tried to develop patience for this over the years. One thing that I think helps is growing plants. There's nothing I can do to make something grow faster so it teaches me patience. I've been growing an African Violet plant for some time now. I've spent a lot of time trying to make it happy enough to blossom which it hasn't done in more than a year. Then finally, ta-da -- flowers.


It's said good things come to those who wait. My question is how long must one wait?





No comments:

Post a Comment