Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress): I didn't do as well as I'd hoped last week - only 11 pages of new material. I'm pretty sure I've written myself into a corner or at least am some place where my characters don't think they should be. I going to back track a bit and see if I can't pick up the momentum again.

News from the publishing world: Any author will tell you finding ways to promote their books that actually work is hit and miss. Here's an article that may help. 3 Ways Indie Authors Can Use Social Media to Attract Readers

Quote of the week: "Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope..." ~ Bradley Whitford  This reminded me of something a friend would always say when I would get a case of the "I wish..." this would happens. She would say, "Pray to God, but row for the shore."

Health news: According the the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, women who eat 2 large bananas a day lived longer than their counterparts who eat less of the fruit. Bananas are high in potassium and vitamin B6 which are essential to a healthy heart. Vitamin B6 also helps regulate sleep patterns. (I think I'm in trouble - I absolutely hate bananas. :(  )

Random things: I recently discovered the Tara Holloway series by Diane Kelly. Each book is titled Death, Taxes, and (then something). The first book in the series is Death, Taxes, and A French Manicure. The main character is an agent in the IRS' criminal investigations division. The books are upbeat and sometimes laugh out loud funny. And just what I needed. 

 Random photo of the week:

 This is a picture a friend sent to me. She found it on the internet. I love the picture, but can't imagine how painful it was as it runs up the person's spine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment