Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress):  As I mentioned on Monday, I've been dragging my feet when it comes to finishing the book. On the good side, I've reached day 83 in the 100 days writing challenge.

News from the publishing world: There are more books that I want to read than I could ever afford to purchase so I'm a big fan of my local library. I go at least every 3 weeks so I found this article interesting. Why The Public Library Beats Amazon For Now

Quote of the week:  "We each travel our own road. We will take detours meant for no one else, understanding that for some the detours are few and for others many. We will pick up stones in our shoes, and the stones may be small or large, at varying times. How we maneuver the detours and cope with the rub of the stones is what determines how and when we reach the finish line. This applies to life in general, as well as components of it such as career and personal goals." ~ Lisa Richard Claro. This quote reminds me that everyone has problems they're dealing with even when it looks like they're on top of the world.

Health news:  According to researchers at Louisiana State University one of the reasons dark chocolate is good for you is because the role cocoa powder may play in combating cardiac disease. Gut microbes (the good ones) help convert the cocoa compounds to molecules that help fight inflammation. Sounds like a good reason to indulge in chocolate to me.

Random things: I watch very little television as a rule but I'm really looking forward to the start of the fall TV season. I can't wait for Sleepy Hollow and Person of Interest to start. Are there any shows you can't wait to come back on?

Random photo of the week:


 I saw this on the internet. Considering how my writing has been going lately, it made me laugh and somehow seemed appropriate.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment