Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

This I know for sure...

I love to read. It's my favorite thing to do when I have free time. It's also usually the first thing I'll do when I have free time. I never go anywhere without a book or sometimes, my Kindle. There are times when I'd rather read than spend time with people. I don't know if it's because I'm an introvert or just that I enjoy reading that much.

One of my favorite memories of childhood is when my mom would take my brother and sisters and I to the library. We went about every three weeks. We didn't have a car so we walked there and back. Going, it seemed like the library was forever away. In reality it was probably only a 15 minute walk one way. Coming home seemed much shorter. It could be because I would always try to read and walk home at the same time. My mom would always tell me to close the book and to pay attention to where I was going, but as soon as I could, I'd crack the book open again. I wasn't the only one who tried to read on the way home. One time, my brother was reading on the way home and he walked right into a parking meter. Other than a black eye, he was okay. After that I decided maybe my mom was right and didn't read while walking any more.

What's your favorite thing to do when you have free time?

2 comments:

  1. Read :) I love to read when I have free time. Plus, it's an activity I can do with my kids around, lol.

    The other is bake. This week I'm working on a three layer cake (I have to rebake the layers) for a party tomorrow night, but I did Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies earlier this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miriam,

    I love to bake too. I love to make cookies, all kinds of cookies. I have recipes that were my grandmother's. The problem is then I eat all the cookies I make. Hope your cake turned out well.

    ReplyDelete