Pages

Monday, December 3, 2018

Unusual Holiday Cookies

Every year my mom and I make cookies for the Christmas and New Year's Day holidays. We give most of them away in cookie trays to friends and family.

My mom makes the cookies one usually expects around the holiday season - cut out sugar cookies with icing, spritz cookies in the shapes of poinsettias, wreaths, and Christmas trees, and shortbread cookies to name a few. She also makes a two not so traditional types - teacakes and coconut macaroons.

I always make what would be considered the not so traditional types. I make oatmeal walnut or oatmeal cranberry cookies, Sun Moon cookies which are orange flavored, light yellow colored sugar cookies that have half of the cookie dipped in chocolate. One cookie I make that gets a lot of requests every year are bourbon bacon chocolate chip cookies.

Do you have cookie or other kinds of treats you make that wouldn't necessarily be considered a traditional holiday item?


No comments:

Post a Comment