Pages

Monday, December 17, 2018

Cool Whip Cookies

Every year I try to make a new cookie recipe for the holidays. I keep the absolute favorites to make from year to year, and trade out the ones that either no one really cared for or the recipes that aren't holiday related and I can make any time of the year.

I mentioned to a co-worker that I'm having a hard time finding a new to me recipe this year. He quickly told me about a cookie his wife made last year that he couldn't stop eating. He brought in the recipe written on an index card. I asked if it was an old family recipe and he laughed and said his wife found it on Pinterest.

I'm sharing the recipe here, but don't know who the author of the recipe is. If you know, please leave a comment below so I can give the proper credit for the recipe.

Lemon Cool Whip Cookies

1 box lemon cake mix (Betty Crocker was recommended, but I'm sure you can use any brand.)
1 8oz container of Cool Whip
1 egg
1/2 to 1 cup of confectioner's sugar (also known as powdered sugar)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, Cool Whip, and egg. The mixture will be VERY fluffy. Keep mixing until ingredients are well combined.

Drop rounded spoonfuls of cookie dough into the powdered sugar. Roll in sugar until completely covered. Set cookie ball on prepared cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.

Bake for 8 minutes or until very lightly golden around the edges. Let cool on cookie sheet for two minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Store at room temperature in an airtight container. The cookies are best eaten within a day or two of baking.

Makes 24 cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment