Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

This I know for sure...

We received 18 inches of snow in approximately 12 hours this past Tuesday. My employer closed our office so I was lucky enough not to have to risk life and limb driving to work. Instead, I spent a large portion of the day shoveling snow.

While I was shoveling my sidewalk, the new neighbor next door was doing the same. He finished doing his own sidewalk and parking area and came over and started shoveling around my car.  I thanked him and he said he was happy to help.

Later when I was shoveling the front porch and stairs, a young man I'd never seen before was shoveling out his car that had been parked across the street and covered in snow from passing snow plows. We both worked on our respective areas without speaking. I moved down to shovel the sidewalk in front of the porch. Within a few minutes, he came over and helped shovel the walk. I thanked him for his help. He introduced himself and said he lived a couple of houses down.

I'm a relatively healthy in shape female in my early 40's so I was surprised that both of these people helped of their own accord. It's nice to know there are good Samaritans still around when you only hear how terrible people treat each other in the news media.

No comments:

Post a Comment