Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

Searching for Topics

There are times I struggle to come up with topics for my Monday posts. I try to keep Mondays related to writing and/or reading. (Not that I always succeed - see last Monday's post about cheesecake bars.)

I've written some "How To" posts in relation to writing but am not sure how helpful they are since there are probably more of these types of posts/articles on the internet than a person could ever read. I'm not sure what I could say that someone else hasn't already said.

I was talking to a friend about my lack of ideas and she suggested I do "a writer's life" or "a day in the life of a writer" type posts. Sounds good in theory except my life probably isn't all that different than anyone else's. I get up, go to work, come home, make dinner and do all the other household stuff like laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, and the like, then it's off to bed to get up and do it all over again the next day. The only difference is that I also squeeze in time to write.

There's a writer that I greatly admire who often posts about her "I Love Lucy" moments. They're funny and make me laugh because many times I can relate to the situation. Fortunately (or is it unfortunately) I don't have these kinds of things happen to me, or at least not very often. And if something did happen, I'd most likely be too embarrassed to share it here. Another one of the downfalls of not liking to be in the spotlight.

I'm going to spend some time this week poking around other websites for ideas for future posts. Let me know if there's something you'd like me to write about or if you have questions you'd like to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment