Pages

Friday, October 16, 2015

This I know for sure...

In 2012 my mom gave me a Buddhist wooden bead meditation bracelet for Christmas. You see, I'm a worrier. I try not to be but...  She says I worry more in a minute than most people worry in a lifetime. She thought the bracelet would be a way for me to let some of those worries go.

Even though I'm not a Buddhist, I find running my fingers over the beads soothing in times of stress. I've worn the bracelet every day since that Christmas. Until last week. The bracelet is double strung with a brown cord and one of the cords broke. I got it caught on the corner of a filing cabinet at work and didn't realize it until it was too late.

I was lucky enough to find the same type of cording, but have been haunting local craft stores looking for a beading needle with an eye big enough to thread the cord through, but have the needle itself still small enough to fit through the beads. It would probably be easier to just buy another bracelet, but I want to fix this one if I can. It's become sentimental. It's gone through some major worries with me.  And I feel a bit lost without it.


No comments:

Post a Comment