Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

This I know for sure...

Here in upstate NY, it's getting to be that time of year - time to start buying new school supplies and getting back into the school routine - early bed times and doing homework.

I always look forward to this time of year. To me, it always seems like September should start the new year instead of January. There are new schedules, new friends to make, new things to learn whereas in January, everything pretty much goes back to the way it was before the hustle and bustle of the holidays - there's not really anything new and different to the routine.

I love shopping for school supplies, not for others, but for myself.  I buy single subject notebooks, pens, loose leaf paper, colored pencils, folders and a pack or two of post it notes. I stock up every August when these items are on sale and then use them throughout the year until next August comes along. I use all of these items when I'm writing or revising. The colored pencils are especially useful when revising.

So while the kids are all moaning and groaning that summer is ending and school will be back in session soon, I'm anticipating all those nice, new, shiny, school supplies just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment