Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

A Guilty Pleasure

I'm breaking with my normal routine of posting about something writing related on Mondays to write about a guilty pleasure that I indulge in every summer, well for the last few years anyway.

Last night was the premiere of Food Network's reality show The Next Food Network Star. While I'm not a fan of reality shows, I love watching this show every summer. I think I enjoy it so much because it introduces me to a wide variety of culinary points of view. I always learn something new every season whether it's a new trick for food preparation or cooking or what not to do if you don't want to have a catastrophe on your hands and an inedible meal.

The funny thing about my fascination with this show is that I rarely watch the Food Network channel throughout the year except when this show is airing. I do get a lot of great recipes from their website though. - www.foodnetwork.com  If you haven't been to their website, you should check it out, but make sure you have a few hours to peruse all the different categories and recipes they have listed. I'm also a big fan of their magazine, Food Network Magazine, but that's probably a whole separate post right there.

Needless to say if you find yourself with nothing to do or nothing to watch on TV except summer repeats of shows from the fall season, check out The Next Food Network Star. It airs at 9:00pm on Sunday nights EST.


No comments:

Post a Comment