Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress): Wrote 25 new pages last week which is an accomplishment because I had two appointments after getting out of work so I lost writing time, but I did manage to write at least a page both of those days. I'm almost 30 days into my 100 day challenge.

News from the publishing world: While this article doesn't necessarily fall into this category, I thought I'd include it here as it's more or less a bird's eye view of what some "slush pile" manuscripts look like. What I Learned About Submissions As A Reader For An Agent

Quote of the week: “One of the most important keys to success is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you don't feel like doing it.” ~ Unknown. This quote was very apt last week. When I arrived home after those two after work appointments, the last thing I felt like doing was sit in front of the computer to write when I knew I had such a short amount of time in which to do it before it was time to make dinner and then family time after the clean up.

Health news: According to a research study from the Rush University Medical Center, people who meditated as little as eight minutes a day were better able to control stress, emotional eating and the triggers associated with them.

Random things: It's always been some what of a joke in my family that I have a brown thumb when it comes to growing plants. I now have something or someone other than myself to blame for my plants that don't seem to flourish -- Squirrels. I left a planter of daisies outside on the back porch overnight and the next morning found the daisies dug up with little paw prints in the dirt that had been thrown out of the pot.


Random photo of the week: 

This was posted on Facebook and I found it very true. It's something I need to continually remind myself to do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment