Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress): I'm haven't missed a day yet in the 100 day challenge so that's still ongoing. I reached a point in my manuscript that made me realize I have to go back and change a couple of things. One is very minor, but the other is going to require some rewriting. I'm hoping to get this done as well as a significant amount of new pages this week. The 4th of July is going to be just a quiet day at home so I'm planning on using a good portion of the day writing.

News from the publishing world: Book Sales Dipped in 2013 - this article posted 6/27/14 by Jim Milliot is from Publisher's Weekly. It isn't very encouraging for those of us who hope to make a living from our writing. Link: http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/publisher-news/article/63131-book-sales-dipped-in-2013.html

Quote of the week: "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." ~ Jim Rohn.  I picked this quote for the week because it fits in with my post from Monday.

Health news: According to a small study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, people who drank watermelon juice before working out had less muscle soreness the next day. Watermelon contains large amounts of L-citrulline, an amino acid that can improve oxygen delivery to muscles. I'm not sure if you can buy watermelon juice, but blending a cup of frozen watermelon cubes, 1/2 cup of strawberries, and 1/4 cup of orange juice makes a great smoothie.

Random things: Monday was my mom's birthday. I took the day off from work and we went out to breakfast and to the movies in the afternoon. It was a great day.

Random photo of the week:

 This is the cat's new favorite place. There's not a lot of space but he manages to jump in there, turn around, and get comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment