Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Getting Organized


In the past, I've always just written down my goals in a one sentence format but found it hard to keep myself on track. Last year was the first year I broke them down into smaller pieces, so to speak, and found it easier to make progress.  Since I'm a big believer in the adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," I'm going to follow the same model this year. 

I wrote on Friday about setting goals for this year.  Right now those goals are broad one sentence statements. I need to break them down into mini goals so I stay on track.  I'm going to set quarterly, monthly, and weekly goals so I can track my progress toward that big main goal.  I find by doing this I have a sense of accomplishment as I check off those smaller milestones. 

This week, I'm going to get myself organized, set those smaller goals, mark them on the calendar, and try out a few time management tips I've heard, read, or found.  Some days, it seems I don't have enough time in the day to get everything I want to, or need to, get done after I'm done at the day job so I'm hoping those time management tips will help at least a little.

How about you?  Do you set broad, overarching goals or smaller goals to meet throughout the year?  Also please feel free to share any time management tips you use that work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment