Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Coffee or Tea or...


It was windy and snowy yesterday.  Not that I’m complaining, we’ve had a very mild winter so far this season and are well below the amount of snow we usually have by this time of the year. 

I hurried through my Sunday chores so I could sit by our picture window and watch the snow as it alternated between falling in slow fat flakes and tiny flakes whirling around as they were pushed by the wind.   While I was nice and cozy sitting there on the sofa, covered up with a handmade blanket I’d received as a gift, I decided I needed something warm to drink. 


But what to have?  I’m not much of a coffee drinker. I find it to be bitter unless I add a lot of cream and sugar. (My brother calls this “sissy coffee.”)  I love hot cider but cider is hard to find after the fall season.  I’m also not much of a hot tea drinker either. I’ll drink hot tea on the odd occasion but I love a glass of ice cold tea at any time of the year.  For some reason I don’t think it tastes as good when it’s made hot.  


 Deciding to have apple cinnamon flavored tea, (it tastes pretty close to hot cider) I put the tea pot on and got a mug out of the cupboard. I opened the pantry door and there sitting on the shelf was the container of hot chocolate mix.  The idea of drinking tea went out the window. 

I had a big mug of steaming hot chocolate with marshmallow fluff just like my mom would make me when I came in from playing out in the snow.  It tasted just as good as I remembered. I think I’ll be drinking a lot more hot chocolate in the future. 

How about you?  What do you like to drink when you’re cold?

No comments:

Post a Comment