Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Please welcome my guest, Kellie Kamryn

Today I'm interviewing Romance author Kellie Kamryn.

Welcome Kellie, glad you could join me.

     How long have you been writing and what made you decide to pursue a writing career?
      I always had this dream of writing a novel, so after a health scare a few years ago, I decided it was time to chase the dream or live with the regret of not trying. Five years ago, I self-published a book of poetry and then I set my sights on novel writing

Do you have a writing routine? 
 
       Now that I’m promoting releases too, I make a schedule for myself of what I want to accomplish in a day. I set aside at least one hour, hopefully more, to work on WIP’s. 
 
I try to write an hour each day too.  Where do you usually do your writing? 
 
       I have a great PC and desk set up in my living room where I can keep an eye on my kids while I work, or I settle into my rocking chair with my laptop. 
 
Why do you write in the genre/sub-genre that you do?  Any plans
in the future to write in a different one? 
 
      Contemporary is the easiest for me because it involves the least amount of researching at this time. The erotic genre is something I decided to dabble in just to see if I could write a hot story people would want to read. I’ve had 3 erotic stories released in the last month. In the new year I have a couple of contemporary romantic novels that will be released. One day I’d like to tackle a paranormal romance, or romantic suspense.
 
I'd like to write a paranormal/romantic suspense combo type novel myself.  Who is yourfavorite author?  (I know, an unfair question.  I couldn’t name just one myself.) 
 
       I have so many authors that I love to read and I do name a few but the one that will forever stand out is Eloisa James, not only for her exquisite writing but because a couple of years ago when I knew very little about publishing, I dared to ask her advice on how to get published and she emailed back, telling me about Romance Writers of America and how I shouldn’t give up. It meant a lot to me that she took the time to set me on the right path. I’ve met her a few times and she is the most wonderful lady. 
 
How do you stay motivated when writer’s block hits or your muse 
won’t cooperate? 
 
      I throw a temper tantrum. Literally. *laughs* Actually, I just surrender to it and realize that there is something else I have to do, like promotion or taking care of my kids. My muse always comes back, so I try to remember that I have all the time in the world to accomplish what I’m meant to.
 
Hmm,  throwing a temper tantrum.  I might have to try that.  :o)  
Do you have a critique partner or partners?  If so, do you think they help more in terms of moral support or in terms of line editing, brainstorming, etc? 
 
     My critique partners are also fellow bloggers the Ass Cheek Angels. We are a wonderful support to each other both in writing and in our personal lives. I’m so blessed so have them in my life. Whenever we read for each other, or need a shoulder to lean on, we all learn something new and they are the most amazing ladies.
 
What’s the best writing advice you were ever given?  
 
      See my answer above in the question about my favorite authors.

Tell us about your current release in a couple of sentences. 
    
       
       I wrote Pleasure Island, from The Wild Rose Press, after I separated from my husband. It’s an erotic novella about a woman who goes on vacation to find herself after her divorce is final. She ends up in a place she’d never thought she’d be but finds so much more than she ever thought imaginable. My wish for everyone who has lost love to find it again.
Can you tell us a little about your next project? 
    
       Rebound, Book 1 in the Love and Balance series is scheduled to be released in January 2012 as is The Perfect Score (Book 2). They will be published with Secret Cravings Publishing. They share my passions for gymnastics and writing!

Sounds interesting.  Anything else you’d like to share?  
     
      Readers can visit with me at www.kelliekamryn.com or www.kelliekamryn.blogspot.com or on twitter @KellieKamryn or on facebook www.facebook.com/KellieKamryn
      I love to hear from readers and they can find out about my other 2 releases on my website which are also available on Amazon, ARe, Bookstrand and B&N.

Thanks, Kellie for allowing me to interview you.  It was fun learning about you.
           
      Thank you so much for having me on your blog!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment