Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Hard Times?


Did you ever have one of those days?  You know the ones where you just want to stay in bed with the blankets pulled over your head until the day looks better.  Unfortunately, that’s never really possible.

I’ve quite a few of those days in the past few months.  At the time, I wondered how I would get through them.  Thankfully things seem to be looking up.  Recently, I was contemplating those bad days and realized with time and distance that two things remained constant when everything else seemed to be falling apart. 

      1.)    I kept writing even when it seemed impossible to string the simplest sentence together.  What I did manage to write on most of those days is dreck.  But I can revise crap.  I can’t revise a blank page.   Except for the pages I wrote while recovering from knee surgery #4.  Those pages will have to be scrapped.  I can’t even make sense of them.  So I did learn one thing from that experience – Writing while taking Oxycodone is not a good thing.  :o)

2.)    The other thing that kept me sane was writing in my gratitude journal every day.  It’s nothing fancy, just a one subject notebook where I write the day and date and three things that I’m grateful for on that particular day.  On some of those bad days, it was really hard to come up with one thing much less three.  But I persevered and now looking back on those pages, I see a lot of things I was grateful for even though I didn’t realize it at the time.

So what do you do when you’re faced with bad days or hard times?  
__________________________________________________________
On a much better note, I'll be interviewing Romance author, Kellie Kamryn, here and she'll be interviewing me on her blog, Sweet and Sassy, on Wednesday, 10/26/11.

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment