Pages

Monday, August 5, 2024

Monday Check In

Last week...

Writing Related:  Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm going to have to push back the release of Caine's book  It's killing me to have to do it, but I don't have any choice. It'll only be 3 weeks later than the originally scheduled date but it's still later than I said it would be published. The title is One Last Chance. It will be available for purchase on 09/04/24.

Motivational Quote:  "I have to believe that when things are bad I can change them." ~ Jim Braddock (Russell Crowe) from Cinderella Man.

What I'm Reading:  I still reading The Rom-Commers by Katherine Center. I haven't had a lot of free time to read lately. I'm also finding it hard to like either one of the main characters.

Random Thoughts:  Caine's book has been a bear to write from start to finish. First, I fell and broke 1 rib and fractured 2 others that made it hard to sit and write for any length of time, then I ended up in the hospital for a week. After I was released, it still took me a bit to get back to feeling up to writing and not spending that time sleeping. Then my editor had a family emergency which I totally understand. These things happen. That's life. She was wonderful about keeping me apprised of when she'd be able to get to my submission(s) but it also delayed things a bit. Now, I have this latest issue that is causing an additional delay. As much as I love this book and think that it's a great book, I'll be so glad when it's finally published and I can move on to the next book in the series. 

Random Photo: 

                         This is how I feel the writing of One Last Chance has been. 😄
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment