Pages

Monday, February 3, 2020

A Year at a Glance

I have a lot I want to accomplish this year. Some things are writing related, some are health related, some are family related, some are leisure related.

I keep a paper planner that has monthly and weekly pages, but I'm not always good at looking at the month ahead. I tell myself it's because I'm too busy trying to get everything done for the month I'm currently in. I wanted to find a way to keep track of things before they needed to be done or as an event/appointment approached so I can better plan for them.

The owner of the small business I work for purchases a giant 4 foot by 4 foot year-at-a-glance calendar every year that he hangs in the coffee/lunch room. Everyone's vacation time is written on it along with other business related events/meetings. It's great to go and see what's coming up etc.

I decided I wanted to use the same thing for my goals. It would be great to see everything listed out on a calendar. However, I didn't want to buy one because I already had a good sized spiral calendar for this year. I purchased it last year in a two pack set - one calendar was for 2019 and one is for 2020.

I used my paper cutter and cut each page off the spiral binding. I then used a roll of wide washi tape that has motivational type quotes on it to adhere each month to the wall in our spare bedroom creating my own year-at-a-glance calendar.

I've started penciling things in and I'm already loving being able to see all the things I'm going to do this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment