Pages

Monday, February 17, 2020

To Blog or Not

I've been writing this blog since 2011 and counting this one, have written 1,251 posts.

Back in 2011, every writer was advised to write a blog. It was a must we were told. Now, 9 years later, blogging is supposedly dead. Various writers groups I belong to all say not to waste your time blogging any more. That people don't read blogs, that it doesn't help you reach your current readers much less potential new readers.

Now newsletters are the must do thing. All those same writers groups have conversations at least once a week about how important newsletters are. Some say you should send a newsletter weekly, others say monthly, some say quarterly, and a small percentage says to only send them when you have news to share such as a new release, are having a sale, etc.

So now I'm debating with myself -- should I continue this blog? Should I let it go? Should I start a newsletter? Part of me says no. no, no, don't do the newsletter, that it'd be too much work and take too much time to find ways to get people to sign up for it.

It's definitely something to think about for a few weeks before I make a decision either way.

1 comment: