Pages

Friday, January 24, 2020

This I know for sure...

A friend sent me a link for a Facebook page - Repeat Crafter Me - about a temperature blanket. The concept is to crochet one row for each day of the year. The color for each row is determined by the high temperature for that day. I never heard of this before so I decided to make one this year.

This is the color guide that was given. The suggested stitch is a granny stripe stitch. I decided to use various shades of yellow starting with a pale yellow up to an orangy yellow for stripes from 54 degrees to the 89 degrees and above temperature ranges instead of the colors shown here. I'm also using a standard V stitch instead of the granny stripe stitch.







Here's what mine looks like. It's only up through January 21st. I usually wait until I can do three or four days/rows at a time instead of doing one row a day.  It's hard to tell the purple from the dark blue in the picture. The row at the top of the photo is for January 21st.


No comments:

Post a Comment