Pages

Monday, January 27, 2020

Book Titles

As I'm working with the person designing the cover of the first book in my contemporary romance series, I'm feeling more and more torn over the title of the book. I think I've mentioned on this blog previously that I'm not quite as enamored with it as I once was.

At first I put down the loss of enthusiasm for the title to spending so much time (too much time really) working on the editing and rewriting of the manuscript. Now that my cover designer is working on a mock up of what the cover will look like, I'm not sure I like the title at all.

The title is Honor Bound and has been the title the entire time I wrote the first draft and throughout all of the many subsequent drafts. I originally chose the title because the hero feels honor bound to protect the heroine. But now I'm not so sure about the title. It doesn't really come across to me as the title of a romance novel which is what I want the title to convey.

I've been running different titles by my critique partner and friends who read romance novels to try and find a better title, but it seems trying to find that perfect title is almost as hard as writing the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment