Pages

Friday, January 10, 2020

This I know for sure...

Like most people (especially at this time of the year), one of the things I'm trying to do is eat better/healthier. I normally eat pretty healthy - lots of fruits and vegetables, very little meat, no eating after dinner, healthy snacks if I get hungry during the day of nuts and/or a cheese stick etc, but I've been eating a lot of holiday treats (cookies, pies, stollen) lately. Thankfully, all those treats are gone now. I ate the last two cookies with a cup of tea yesterday afternoon.

One of the healthy things I want to incorporate into my eating this year is having fish at least two times per week. My doctor suggested it because it is a good source of Omega 3's and Vitamin D. I suffer from a very low Vitamin D level despite taking a high dose daily vitamin for it. I am not a fan of fish. Of course if I do have fish, it has to be the processed, breaded kind like Gorton's and then I cover it in cocktail sauce to disguise the fish taste.

I do like canned tuna so I'm going to try and have tuna every Friday for lunch. One friend mixes her canned tuna with plain hummus. Another friend mixes hers with raw egg whites  I'm definitely not doing that and I'm not sure I want to try tuna with hummus either. I don't want to mix the tuna with mayonnaise so I will probably just eat it plain. I don't mind it that way.

I'm still trying to figure out what other way I can add fish to my week besides eating the breaded, processed kind. Does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment