Pages

Friday, November 22, 2019

This I know for sure...

Like most people finding time to exercise on a consistent basis is a struggle. Even though I have a treadmill and a rowing machine, not to mention hand weights, in the furnished part of our basement, I still have a hard time getting down there to use them. You would think it would be easier since I don't have to commute to a gym to work out.

I tried getting up earlier, but as I already get up at 5:00am Monday thru Friday and at 6:30 on Saturday, I still wasn't getting the consistency I wanted especially now in the winter months. The alarm would go off at 4:15 and I'd shut it off and snuggle back down into my warm blankets until the second alarm at 5:00am. (My alarm clock has two alarm settings.)

I've also learned it's hard for me to exercise on an empty stomach. I've read and heard from various sources that it's better to exercise on an empty stomach, but it doesn't work for me. I don't seem to have enough energy to get through a good heart pumping workout. And there's no way I'd get up even earlier so I could eat breakfast beforehand. (Know your own limits, I always say.)

Not to mention that after getting up at 4:15, I'm ready to go to bed at 8:30pm. Not that I stay up all that late - usually I'm in bed with the light off by 10:15 or so, but still who wants to feel so tired that an 8:30 bedtime sounds like heaven? Not me.

So for right now, especially as the holiday season gets underway, I'm content with the usual three days of exercise I manage each week. Maybe in January, I'll make it one of my 2020 goals to get up to four or five days a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment